Tuesday 12 February 2008

Oi Vay! And on a school night too...

I had intended on going to see the new version of Rent on Monday night. Jase was available and Nick is in town – it seemed a perfect opportunity. I failed to take into account the dismal reception of this re-vamped musical however. It was so unpopular and so badly attended that it closed…last weekend. Crap. Damn, botheration, and just…well…Bugger!

So, instead of a night of music, Nick, Jase and I met up with 3 of Nicks friends and went out to dinner instead. The venue was Sitaaray, a Bollywood inspired Indian restaurant, complete with photos of famous Indian actors crammed onto every available wall space and televisions playing selected dance sequences from undoubtedly famous movies. I haven’t seen much Bollywood, so I’m not sure I can comment on that part. The food however, was really good and the company was excellent, so the meal was a success. Replete with endless curries and more than a couple of beers, we moved on to find better opportunities for conversation…

We met up with J’s better half, K, at a wine bar called the Cork and Bottle. Here, a selection of very smelly cheeses were had, accompanied by a couple of bottles of a Coonawarra sparkling red, and as previously stated, lots of conversation…lovely.

A little more unsteadily now, someone decided that it was time to head home but that we’d just go for a night cap to polish off the evening, so we moved on to Camden. Here we met up with J’s flatmate James at the Oxford something, and K and I had a couple of Whisky and Gingers (another great invention of the English – Ginger Ale takes the edge off the whisky and makes it so much easier to drink…?!?) whilst the boys had more beer and more whisky... The end result of which was that we closed the bar. By this time Nick was singing loudly in French and it was about four hours past my bed time and I am still not up to full strength, so I dragged our carcass’s home and crashed.

It was a really fun evening. I enjoyed catching up with the boys and girls and the food and company were both excellent… the only problem being that today I couldn’t stop yawning, and I wanted to go to sleep so badly… I think I will do that now in fact. G’night.

No comments: