Friday 22 February 2008

Dog Shit: A Devine Right.

I am fed up. What is it with the people living in this city and their total disregard for common decency? Everywhere I go I find dog shit. Dog shit, vomit and public urination. Defecations everywhere. And everyone seems to think that this is ok. That a drunk person is a sign of amusement and their vomit an hilarious spectacle. That a drunk (usually male) person pissing on the wall, or on a lamp-post or on a car is a thing to be accepted. And that a dog owner patiently watching as their dog shits in the middle of the path way is just fine and dandy.

I'm not sure if I walk along a particularly dog-owner frequented path or if it really is as universal as I believe, but I see dog shit every day of the week and it really, really, really annoys me. And my bus stop of a morning is frequently decorated with the leavings of a human’s stomach. And they don’t call the lane beside the place where I work, ‘Piss Alley’ for nothing.

Where do they get off on such a sense of entitlement? How can they not see that they are polluting their own environment? Shitting where they eat so to speak. And making it very unpleasant for the rest of us? What a nightmare.

Now I have nothing whatsoever against dogs - I’ve known many and loved a few - but their owners could really use a lesson in manners. There are trees and there are plastic bags - why do you have to let your animal defecate in the MIDDLE of the public walk-way? How RUDE!

The vomit and urination… well with a culture this indoctrinated into the art of getting pissed I suppose it’s inevitable. But it should never be acceptable. I am most definitely displeased!

No comments: