Wednesday 19 December 2007

Gilgamesh

I was taken out to dinner last night, along with a gaggle of other people from work, by our agent. It was a lovely evening, if a very expensive one, and I got to see a side of my own backyard I didn't even know existed.

We went to Gilgamesh, which is a very exclusive restaurant in the Camden Stables Market, and it is incredible. It's not just a restaurant but it's also a lounge bar, cocktail bar and Oriental teahouse (where you can experience the full Japanese Tea Ceremoney if you have enough money!). All the walls are panneled with carved wood, the tables are all inlaid with brass designs and there are stone statues everywhere. It apparently has a floor space of 15,000sq ft and seats up to 500 diners and drinkers. I can believe it. It is HUGE!

It was an experience not likely to be forgotten quickly.

No comments: