Thursday 13 December 2007

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Winter has finally really hit. It’s been minus three overnight for the past couple of days and this morning I woke up to white rooftops and ice on the windows. And on the ground – walking to the bus stop this morning was positively hazardous! There was a coating of ice on all the paths and it was damn slippery. I almost wished I had crampons on my sneakers, just so I wouldn’t end up on my back side.

I am actually enduring the conditions here quite well. London has the weather of Melbourne combined with the temperatures of Canberra, both cities which I have successfully survived. Admittedly this means that London is both very wet and very cold, but at least it is nowhere near the snow-fields so the wind chill factor of minus 30 that you get in Canberra is thankfully absent.

It is still bloody cold!

No comments: