Monday 31 December 2007

The end of another year...

Well, it’s the end of another year. This one has been full of interesting, exciting, frightening and fascinating adventures for me.

In 2007 I left my family and friends and a secure job in a lovely town, packed up all my belongings and took off for the unknown. This scared me witless, but I just knew I had to do this or face a lifetime of wondering what if…? I had to challenge myself to grow or I would have stagnated. And I think I rose to that challenge.

I have found a new job and a place to live in a foreign country. I have found new friends and a different kind of family. I have visited Hong Kong, Stockholm, Krakow, Edinburgh, Amsterdam, Paris, Brussels and Berlin and explored to my hearts content. And I have found confidence that I never knew I had, rediscovered my courage and my sense of adventure and seen enough beautiful sights to fill my heart and dreams with wonder for years to come.

All up, this year has been one of the best I’ve ever known. As fate would have it, I’m going to be alone for New Year’s Eve itself, but I don’t actually mind that. It’ll be the first one I’ve ever had alone, and I’m going to use it to really think about what I want to do next year. I’m looking forward to further challenges you can be sure.

I’ll reminisce on Snowboarding in Austria later, but I had an amazing time there too.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year’s Celebrations and I’ll see you in 2008!

No comments: