Wednesday 24 October 2007

Lemming Behaviour...

I’ve been having a disconcerting number of blond moments recently… and yes, I can say that because I AM blond!! Here follows a small list which provides incontrovertible proof of my dedication to becoming a lemming:

Action: I visited the Australia shop to buy flags for the Last Night at the Proms, and seeing that I was there, and that they had them, and I hadn’t had them in about five years, I bought a box of Chicken Shapes. Half way through eating the contents, I remembered why I hadn’t bought them in five years… I am allergic to them.

Result: Delightful migraine on the night before the last night of the proms.

Action: Trusting my fridge… well I’ve blogged about that already here.

Result: Continuous cramps for three days.

Action: Leaving my window open a crack because ‘I like fresh air’ when I know it’s going to be hovering around the four degree mark overnight, and that, as I am a rather immobile sleeper, a draft would give me a crick in the neck… and doing this, not once, oh no, but on THREE separate occasions within a two week period.

Result: Inability to move my head in any direction without continual stabbing pains for days after each occation.

But most stupid of all??

Action: Now I know that if I look after myself when I feel the first twitchings of an illness, it doesn’t usually latch on too hard and I recover much faster than if I don’t. Well, I didn’t. No, instead, I went to Brighton, for a day out in the cold, with a really bad head cold. All in a good cause of course! I wanted to catch up with some lovely people I haven’t seen in years… but honestly Kat!!

Result: It was wonderful catching up with Kerry and Nick, but I was totally flattened afterwards and had to stay in bed for two days, so lost two day’s wages, and as I failed to look after myself prior, I have since failed to get rid of the damn thing. I was also so generous as to pass on this indescribable plague to many of my poor fellow office compatriots, playing havoc with IT support for a week.

I know I have a degree, but whether or not I have a brain is a much more vexing question.

1 comment:

Jason B. Standing said...

I can't help but feel fractionally responsible for The Brighton Decision.

I blame it on the rollercoaster, myself.