Tuesday 30 October 2007

Hiatus Time

I am about to embark on NaNoWriMo. As a consequence this blog will probably suffer from neglect. I intend to make fewer entries here and dedicate my energies to my novel attempt – although, knowing me, I shall find every possible method of procrastinating until the very last minute and then do a mad dash for the finish line.

Typically I have booked myself in for more social engagements this month than many previously, so I will endeavour to write a little about these as they come up.

And of course, I shall be keeping you all informed of my word count here. It’s a motivation technique called shame avoidance you see – if I don’t reach the word target, you can all justifiably heap crap on me, so I will post the count as a serious motivation for myself to avoid embarrassment.

Mind you, only 17% of people that do NaNo actually reach the 50k word mark, so I have less than a 1 in 5 chance of succeeding… However I have every intention of having a damn good crack at the target!! I really want to do this – for myself – to see if I have any chance of ever becoming a writer and to prove that I can.

Wish me luck!

No comments: