Wednesday 17 October 2007

Autumn is upon us...

Overnight it seems that the leaves have all turned vibrant shades of orange and yellow and started falling everywhere. It's quite beautiful and a very obvious sign of the change in seasons. I haven't really noticed the autumn switch since I lived in Melbourne, so it's a nice stark reminder that there are indeed four seasons here and that I'd really better start preparing for winter.

Whilst it is indeed lovely, there is one real downfall of all the leaves; with the predominance of rain that London has, they don't blow away, but get wet and slimy instead. Walking to work has become an interesting proposition as I’m frequently in danger of becoming part of a slapstick comedy act. I can just see myself doing a banana slide and then going arse over tit, arms flailing wildly whilst my feet fly over my head and I land on my back with a loud bang accompanied by plenty of riotous laughter.

Not something I’d really like to do often thank you.

No comments: