Wednesday 23 January 2008

A year and a day

Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday dear Kaa-aat, Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, it was my anniversary yesterday at any rate, it being now past midnight. Mind you, I started receiving birthday wishes at about 10 pm yesterday evening (Monday night), it being my birth-date at that time in Australia, and it’s probably still my birth-date in America as we speak, so I think I’m entitled to still be celebrating.

Regardless, I had a lovely day / evening. Had a day of almost total anonymity at work (just as I had hoped) and then a lovely evening where someone else did the cooking. Thanks to our Excellent Cook of Astounding Indian Delights, Lady Hilary, our Convivial Host, Sir Richard and to the Marvellous Man-of-Arms Jason, and his Enchanting Lady Kathryn for providing entertaining conversation and company.

The food was rounded out by a six-pack of Coopers Vintage ale from home, and an absolutely delicious rhubarb and custard tart from Paul’s.

So, I am now officially another year older. Yay. :s

No comments: