Friday 23 November 2007

A Hairy Issue

Ordinarily, I get my hair cut every six months. I’m pretty traditional in my tastes. I get it cut dead strait to just below my shoulder in lenght so I can tie it back. That way it doesn’t get in my face and bother me. I like my hair manageable and not too styled. Dry and go, that’s me.

For various reasons, this time it had been about a year between hair cuts (one of which that it took me several months to overcome the fact that it was probably going to cost me £50 – that’s $125ish – for an ordinary hair cut…No. Will not be spending that much on what is essentially a trim… No!!!), so it was a lot longer than usual.

But finally I grew fed up. It was taking ages to wash and ages to dry in the mornings so I stopped thinking about the cost and just got it done. But this time, to shake things up a little, I gave the hairdresser room to move – give me layers I said. I wanted to be a little daring! After all, that’s what this trip is all about isn’t it?

It went from this (in Brighton)


To this


Bit of a difference hay?

Now… it annoys me. It is too short to tie back and it’s so in my face it’s making me sneeze. I do hope it will settle down soon and behave – it is so happy to be so light, it’s flying everywhere.

Grrr.

No comments: