Tuesday 4 September 2007

Two celebrities and a friend

Yesterday was a day for double-takes and is definitely 15 minutes of fame worthy; I saw two celebrities in the flesh and a friend on television!

Celebrity One was Martin Freeman of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy fame. He walked strait past me as I was coming back into work after buying lunch. I think I did a 360 degree circle - and felt very foolish for doing so, but it's the first time I've ever seen a celeb on the street! I was a little star struck for about five minutes. Now, he is English, so I was pretty certain it was actually him, but...

Celebrity Two was Wil Anderson, an Australian comedian of not inconsiderable infamy back home - but I had to do a triple take to make sure it was him, because what on earth would he be doing in London, on Charing Cross Road, with two massive black-garbed coppers at 5 in the afternoon? I have since discovered that he was actually present at the Edinburgh Festival, so it could well have been him. It certainly looked like him, right down to the fingernails coated in black nail polish. But it took me quite a while - in fact all the way home - to convince myself that I had actually seen what I thought I had just seen.

And the friend I saw on TV? Well, that was Mr Jason Standing, and I actually only caught his appearance by complete accident. I had gone to bed and couldn't sleep for some reason, so got up again and started channel flicking - which is really much too easy to do as we've got Sky - lots of channels and nothing to see. But then I landed on BBC3 to saw, to my amazement, Jason wandering around in the background of a shot. The show was titled "My Penis and Everyone Else's" and it was about a guy who thought he had a tiny willy, so he decided to investigate this in detail, and shot a couple of shows about it, and then got together an exhibition of various men's genitalia to start conversation... or something. And Jason just happened to be at the exhibition on the day it opened and so was interviewed by the guy and caught on camera wandering around. So now Jason is famous... for being on a show about knobs. Quite!

No comments: