Sunday 30 September 2007

Fruity Beer!

Master Martin, due to unforeseen electrical difficulties at Chez J, came once more to adorn my lounge-room floor this weekend. So, having no comestibles to offer my guest, we went out to eat on Sunday night, to a Belgium restaurant known as Belgo.

I would highly recommend the experience to anyone. The food was good and so filling I couldn’t finish it (I had wild boar and sausages with mashed potatoes – yum!). However the highlight was, for me, the beer. Now this is not a statement I would usually be comfortable in making. I like but do not adore most beers but this was different. This was fruit beer.

Martin had banana and I had apple, and they were both delicious and much too easy to drink. Mine was, and yet was not, like cider. Not at all bitter, very smooth and without that ‘fake’ apple taste. It was a drink that you could believe had real apples in it. If Martin had not had a rather large evening the night before, I think I would have quite happily continued sampling their wears.

I am now really looking forward to going to Belgium in November, just to try more beer… very strange.

No comments: