Monday 27 August 2007

A day in the sun... well, an afternoon anyway.

I was feeling much better today and so went and wandered around in the sun for a few hours. I didn’t accomplish much, but did get out and am feeling virtuous as a result.

I went walking on Saturday too … well, wobbling anyway – my bones hadn’t quite solidified at that stage. I discovered a park which is not a stones throw from our flat, going by the name of St Martin’s, and I spent a glorious two hours there baking away my aches and pains in the sun on the soft grass. I didn’t get sunburnt as I was diligently practicing my imitation of a rotisserie and was being sun-smart as all good Aussies are these days – but I’m not entirely sure I didn’t get a hint of sun-stroke, as the rest of the day is kinda blurry!

I know I had intended to go over to Camden Market and take pictures of a part of it which is slated to be torn down, and I did, but when I investigated further, I discovered that the part I cared about wasn’t about to be torn down, that it was in fact another part of the market and that it was for health and safety reasons… the which I got from a loquacious old biddy whom I had to sidle away from in the end as she was not willing to let such a receptive and obviously dopey audience out of her sight… and then I’m not sure what I did. I got home eventually and I went to bed because I woke up yesterday here, but I don’t actually remember the bits in between too well. That being the case, I decided against going out yesterday – I felt that I would be courting trouble to make the attempt.

So, here I am, alert and aware, and almost fully recovered - just in time to go back to work tomorrow.

What a way to spend the long weekend!

No comments: