Saturday 25 August 2007

Attack of the Alien Bugs

I am Laid Low. I have caught the plague. In other words, I am sick.

I feel like my bones have been turned into jelly and I have a corresponding total lack of stability, not to mention that my brain feels like someone has been mashing it continuously with a hammer, my nose like it has been blown up by an enthusiastic pyromaniac and my eyes like someone has scrubbed them with paint remover. I am sure I am dying.

I caught 'it' off a work colleague who is likewise dying and still insisted on coming in to work. I keep getting told to die more quietly because I am disturbing everyone with my honking cough.

My immune system has finally collapsed under the onslaught of a tidal wave of alien bugs. It put up a good fight, but in reality, it was only a matter of time before such a variety of new and exotic viruses eventually overcame it's defences.

I had planned on doing stuff this weekend. But I believe that lying in the sun, drinking copious amounts of tea and relaxing is in order instead. Happy nothing.

No comments: