Tuesday 24 June 2008

The end approaches

I've just got the latest news from the BIA - Border Immigration Agency UK.

As of the 30th June, HSMP applications will no longer be accepted, and their new Tier 1 visa comes into full effect.

That means that if my application should be refused, I will not be able to re-apply after the 30th, as I don't qualify under the new system. I haven't heard a peep from the BIA re my app and no news in this case is definitely not good news. My app could be missing in the ether of the postal service, could be stolen for someone for identity theft purposes, could be sitting forgotten on a dock or heaven knows where else. It's not with the BIA 'cause if it had been through their pay office, which is the first step to it being looked at as an application, I'd be 400 pounds poorer, and I'm not.

I would say fingers crossed, except it's more like, I can't work up enough emotion to be anything but pissed off.

1 comment:

Jason B. Standing said...

Why would your application be refused though? Surey you qualify/ied!

If it doesn't work you should kayak back up here through Asia & Europe's inland river systems and claim political asylum.