Wednesday 16 April 2008

A year without sunnies...

It has taken me two days to even begin to recover from jet lag. I’m still waking up three and four times a night but at least my plan – the one where I stay up as long as possible on Monday (having arrived at 0450 in Melbourne airport) to counteract the sleepless night syndrome – has left me so exhausted that when I wake up I can’t think at all and generally roll over and go back to sleep.

The one thing I do know, I have just put on my sunnies for the first time this year, for definite, and for probably only the second or third time since I left this country. If you know me, you know that I would in the past, habitually have a pair of sunnies on my head, holding my hair back. In fact so often did I wear them I usually forgot they were there. But in England there was no need, cause there was no sunshine, so I sort of got out of the habit.

Well, eat your heart out Londoners… I need sunnies every time I step out of the house at the moment!!! Of course, that does mean we’re still in drought here and the farmers are none too happy but to me it is heaven incarnate. I’ve been sunning myself on the veranda the last couple of days and intend to continue with my daily roasting until I look less like a ghost and more like a human being.

So, brainless from jet lag but alive and enjoying the sunshine.

No comments: