Thursday 10 April 2008

Year-ish Round-up

It hasn't quite been a year since I first left Australia, but I think I've managed to cram quite a lot into the last 11 months.

I've visited many countries and investigated their cities in depth: These included Amsterdam (The Netherlands), Berlin (Germany), Brussels (Belgium), Cologne (Germany), Edinburgh (Scotland), Hong Kong (China), Krakow (Poland), Lisbon (Portugal), London (England), Paris (France) and Stockholm (Sweden).

It's also been a year of firsts: I moved overseas, I lived in hostels, I got a contract job, I participated in NaNoWriMo, I had a white Christmas, I went snowboarding in Austria, I went to Portugal to go to a concert, I visited the Louvre and many other amazing museums, I had Belgium chocolate and Belgium beer in Belgium, I saw a castle which began life at the beginning of the first millennium, I participated in the last night of the Proms, I saw a Proms concert in the Royal Albert Hall, I went to a talk given by Neil Gaiman, I saw a play with Patrick Stewart in the lead, I went to a LitCon... the list goes on.

So all-in-all, I think I did manage to explore a lot in this last year. Now it's time for the next chapter. The universe bit me, so I now have to heal up and then I'll plan my revenge!! :)

It should be fun.

No comments: