Thursday 14 June 2007

Cold and Tired...

The train ride from London was actually ok. I'd booked a seat as opposed to a bed because it was a lot cheaper - £35 compared to £65. But then the toilet in our rail car packed up, so the stewards moved us all to sleeper carriages. Good going I thought! Unfortunately the combination of a rocking train, a cold, and a very confined and overheated room meant that I didn't get much sleep. So I was much too tired and sick yesterday to see any of the town really - just got some essential supplies and crashed out. I was really tired - which is reflected in the length of time I slept - from 5 pm to 8am this morning! The hostel is small, but the staff are mainly friendly, and it's warm! I'm afraid I woke some of the other girls up with my coughing though. I am now really sick of this cold I can tell you.

So, even though I walked around in an aimless way yesterday (looking for gloves and a hat which I still haven't found - it is Bloody Freezing!!!) I didn't pay much attention to anything. Today I'd like to see if I can join one of the ubiquitous bus tours here, as it is very cold at the moment and the bus is by far the easiest way of getting around - it is a very hilly town. I'm not being lazy, honest! I'm looking after myself and nursing my cold! Will let you know how I progress.

No comments: