Friday 22 January 2010

This is the birthday report:

'How wonderful it is to do nothing all day long, and after having done so, to rest.'

Well, not quite nothing. I went into work and had a quiet, relaxing day there due to an error of mine on Monday which saw me take that day off rather than this, but it was a very easy day.

I went out for a getting-older-day meal with a friend last night to a new restaurant here called The Barbican Steakhouse. My meal consisted of fillet steak followed by a drunken chocolate brownie, which are two of my favourite things, and I was not allowed to pay either, which was very, very nice.

I received various emails, texts and even a couple of phone calls from my brothers, which absolutely made my day. It is always lovely to be remembered and to be told I am loved.

I received presents of useful stuff and useless stuff which is really all you'd want in terms of presents.

And now, I am doing one of the most enjoyable things in the world, and curling up in bed with a good book.

Thank you universe, for a pretty perfect birthday.

No comments: