Sunday 8 November 2009

Blind insanity or reasonable goal?

I'm thinking of possibly this year for NaNoWriMo aiming for 100,000 words instead of the normal 50k.

I know, this does sound a bit insane, but whereas in the last two years I was, as of the 8th of November, at 12910 and 19853 respectively, this year I'm already past 25k. And in the previous two years I had at least half my days where my word count was less than the allotted 1667 words, but this year I've had no day where I've written less than 2300 words. It would mean I'd need to average 3334 words a day, but I'm not too far off that pace at the moment, and although it seems I can't write more than 3000 on a week night, I'm thinking that the weekends would be my salvation.

This way too, I'm going to hopefully keep myself motivated in the latter half, as at the rate I'm currently going, I'll be past 50k in less than 9 days.

So, Blind Insanity or Reasonable Goal? What do you think?

1 comment:

Becky said...

Reasonable goal =] And you have the Plymouth WriMos to keep you motivated too!

=]