Sunday 15 November 2009

50k in 15 Days

I completed NaNo in 15 days.

Holy cow. I mean, wow. Exhaustified and brain dead and amazed and in awe of my fingers and wow.

The last two days were a race to the finish line as I was determined to get there. I was at 38k-ish on Friday night, and that's so reasonably close to 50k I thought I'd see if I could make it to that by the half-way point of Nano. And then I got closer and closer, and more and more determined... and more and more brain dead and tireder and tireder. I had to spend large amounts of time staring into space for inspiration, I lost all coherence and became a mumbling somnolent mess, and I'm not sure I was able to communicate at all on Sunday. But my stubbornness kept me forcing out the words. And I got there. Admittedly I all but crawled over the line (by 54 words to be exact) but I got there!

I had Jason and Charlie over here for the weekend too and all we did was sit and write pretty much. Oh, we did have an absolutely gorgeous meal at the Village Restaurant. It's the best food I've had in Plymouth actually, so I highly recommend it.

But really!

I mean, 50,000 words! In fifteen days! Fifty Thousand Fricken Words! Ha. I shall never doubt my bulls**ting ability again!

1 comment:

Jason B. Standing said...

Tidy work! Je suis impressed!!

I'm a little concerned about my progress (well, nothing to be concerned about - as there hasn't been any...), but massively enjoyed the process. Clearly for next year I need to spend more time away for November, with a working laptop. I'd romp it in!

But yeah - YOU GO GIRL!