Thursday 6 August 2009

The Cure to Everything

I'd forgotten how much I love The Cure. I was talking to the two Aussie girls in my dorm yesterday about music and how it brings back memories, and one of them hadn't heard of The Cure. I was dumbfounded, but then, there is a decade difference in our ages (they're both 21) so I'm not sure why I was. Anyway, I decided to find The Cure's greatest hits online and played 'Love Cats' and 'Friday I'm In Love' to the girls, to recognition I'm happy to say. But it reminded me of how much I love the band. I'm now listening to the Wild Mood Swings album, which is actually one of my favourites, next to Disintegration and Wish. Ok, so their music is very melancholy for the main part and pretty insane for the rest, but they were a very large part of the soundtrack to my life for a number of years, and that music brings back so much. Those memories may be sad, but oh, they are so precious, and now-a-days, the music makes me feel safe and happy. Go figure.

No comments: