Monday 6 January 2014

New Years Goals - 2014 Edition

I'm taking a leaf out of the book of one of Magical Words Bloggers, and creating a set of Goals for 2014, rather than Resolutions, because Resolutions can be failed and forgotten, whereas Goals are works in progress.

So, my Goals for this year:

1. Financial Goals:
a) Reduce my debt by Half, and
b) Stick to a weekly budget.

I'm not going to detail what the numbers are, but they're not friendly, so I really need to do this.

2. Writing Goals:
a) Write 600 New words a day, 5 days a week, for 50 weeks of the year. Doesn't matter what the writing is - blog, stream of consciousness, story, brain fart - just as long as they're NEW words.
b) Finish CM1 by 31/03/2014 and SEND IT OUT TO AGENTS
c) Finish Draft 2 of CM2 by 30/06/2014 and Get it into my Critique Group.
d) Finish Draft 1 of CM3 by 30/09/2014.
e) Write Draft 0 of CM4 in November 2014.
f) Blog at least once a month.

They are in order of importance. I've already set up a writing tracker for Goal 2a, and I've already fallen behind, but it's the thought that counts, and this blog - this post - will also add to the numbers.

I plan on doing the last more often than once a month, hopefully at least once a fortnight, but I may not have that much to say. We'll see.

3. Travel Goals:
a) Make a bucket list of places I want to visit before I return to Aus.
b) Visit at least one of those places this year, and plan on visiting two or three in 2015.

So there you are. Wish me luck!

No comments: