Tuesday 5 May 2009

What a crock of shite!

Am at Heathrow terminal 5. The vaunted new one. I got here early ‘cause the Piccadilly line isn’t so reliable that I’d trust it to get me here on time. And I’ve now been turned away from the bag drop desk twice. The first time they said I couldn’t drop my bags until three hours before the flight. The second time, when it was three hours before, they told me not until two hours. So I’m missing my breakfast courtesy of BA and their fricken time limits. Not happy Jan. I can see why the poms end up whinging. Their service is terrible! I did the same thing in Melbourne and was five hours early and they still took my suitcase. So I could then relax. Grrr…

Edit to add: the last was written at 08:30. It is now 12:00 and it's better. After a very annoying morning, I am now in the lounge and I have to admit, it's the best lounge I've been in. There is a breakfast bar with five or six choices of cereal, and four different kinds of fresh fruit not to mention rolls and croissants - both chocolate and normal - and all of a decent size, none of this tiny bite-sized pieces. So, ok. It's better than expected. Still not really relaxed though.

No comments: