Monday 4 May 2009

Sometimes I amaze even myself!

Hello from London!

I have arrived. Now to find a job. I had no problems getting here bar a relatively minor delay in flights that saw me asleep as soon as we took off - which was all to the good really.

Got to Rich & Hill's place last night in a jet-lagged stupor but managed to get the bed set up and then thought it was really too early to sleep so went and pulled out the stuff I'd left here last year to see what I had.

For the past few weeks I've been racking my brains at home thinking... now where did I leave my A-Z, and where on earth were my new sneakers stored, and should I pack a towel 'cause I'd no earthly idea where mine were, and had I perhaps left my London lonely planet with Jason? Well, no. I'd left all these things and more in the one place I'd need them first. Right here. You could have knocked me over with a feather when all the things I'd been hoping to find were right where I needed them. And I don't remember thinking about this when I left the UK the first time but I must have. So really, really thank you brain! For once, the anal thing paid off huge dividends.

Of course, my Swedish money and maps are not here as I hadn't planned on going to Helen's immediately when I left, but on a scale of one-to-ten, that's a minus one for worry.

Huge sigh of relief. Well done me. So instead of hunting for things today, I can play tourist. Going to head to the British museum I think.

No comments: