Thursday 16 April 2009

Running out of time

I am at my second to last day of work. I should be dancing. I should be excited. I should be planning furiously for all the things I have to get done in the dwindling time remaining to me in this country. Unfortunately, due to a death in the family two weeks ago, almost all that excitement and anticipation has drained out of me, leaving only stress and sadness behind.

For me, happiness is loud and public whilst sadness is quite quiet and private. I'll talk about my uncle when I've processed his passing, but in the mean time, please excuse my absence from this venue and my lack of count-down screams. My date for departure is May 2. You will undoubtedly hear from me before then, when I'm back in action and in panic mode, probably as I'm running around like a headless chicken and cursing that I didn't plan for all this earlier... as in normal... well, as normal as I get anyway.

No comments: