Tuesday 18 March 2008

I'm Getting Deported...

Well, actually, no, I’m not being deported, but it feels like I am.

To say that I am frustrated with the Home Office right now is putting it mildly.

You see, pursuant to the idea that I would like to stay in this country for a little longer, I had investigated the possibility of getting a more usable visa. To whit: the HSMP or Highly Skilled Migrant Program visa. It’s based on a points system where points are awarded for qualifications, earning potential, UK experience, age and English language. Up until two weeks ago, I qualified. Now, I don’t. And of course, I could not apply until this week.

Why? They’ve brought in a new system, and now I can’t transfer from my current visa to the new system in the UK, I have to do it from Australia. Which means giving up job and home here, going back to Aus, finding a new job and home there for the two to four months it will take to get the visa, then move back here and find yet another new set of job and home when I get back here.

Not Happy Jan!

No comments: