Tuesday 21 July 2009

A soggy day in Wiltshire

I went for a job interview today. It was in the sticks – and I mean, the deepest sticks. I caught a train out to Salisbury (note to self – next time you go to an interesting destination, bank some extra time to actually SEE the place!!), and then took a 40 minute bus ride through the middle of some amazing villages to get to my destination.

My first ever experience of actual English villages and wow! I mean, WOW! Ok, so they weren’t all out of picture books, but there were a couple that had my jaw on the floor of the coach not knowing where to look there was so much to see. Even the kid’s play grounds looked magical. I passed one that had a turret and arrow slits on it. So cool!

And the pub I went to! It was called the Rose and Crown in a tiny village called Tilshead and it had beautiful exposed beams and real wrought-iron chandeliers, and was so cosy and yes I’m gushing and I’ve probably seen similar pubs in London but none with that lovely relaxed and helpful atmosphere. One of the workers gave me a lift out to where I needed to be as it was a bit of a walk and I was in my heals. So friendly. Everyone smiled at me too!

Well, the interview went well and then one of the interviewers took me back into town ‘cause it was starting to rain. How cool was that? I do hope I get this job. They were such a nice bunch of people.

1 comment:

Jason B. Standing said...

London != England.

It's beautiful out there (in places).